Saturday 5 May 2012

Experiment: Anime Emotions

After looking at how to present different emotions in an Anime style, I decided to try working in the same style to see how working like this works for the main character from my final major project. Out of all the different emotions I tried out in this format, I found that anger was the most effective emotion to get across to the viewer. This is because the lines used are more aggressive and thicker. I also think this is the most effective emotion due to the dark shadowing used on the forehead and eyes, giving a menacing effect. I did however also feel that the method for presenting extreme embarrassment for very effective as well, as it clearly presenting the feeling of being stopped in your tracks by someone, the slow feeling of embarrassment running through you via the vertical lines and the dark shadowing from the top of the head. The inclusion of a sweat drop also provides an indication for the viewer of how much of a panic the character is in by the size of the sweat drop (the larger the sweat drop the bigger the panic). For me, the other emotions I tried to present didn't really work, as they seemed too simplistic and not detailed enough to justify the emotions I felt that were trying to represent.
Extreme Anger

Crying


Slight Embarrassment 


Severe Embarrassment




No comments:

Post a Comment